What do I need to complete the COPA?
There are a number of pieces of information you’ll need to complete the COPA.
- Your UCAS Personal ID number (please see FAQ 'What is my UCAS Personal ID?')
- A passport style digital photograph of yourself.
- Your BMAT registration number (if applicable).
- Details of the qualifications you’re currently studying and/or have completed since age 11 (including UMS results/Percentage Uniform Marks (PUMs) if you’ve taken/are taking modular AS/A Levels).
- A copy of the personal statement that you’ve included or intend to include in your UCAS application.
- Contact details for your UCAS referee
- In the case of applicants with a COPA deadline earlier than 19 October, we’ll email your UCAS referee directly to obtain a copy of their reference along with predicted grades and ranking (ranking isn’t required for Organ Scholarship applicants). This information must reach us by no later than the relevant deadline, ie 11 September for Organ Scholarship applicants or 20 September for those applying to be considered for interview in China, Malaysia or Singapore. We’ll use the contact details for your UCAS referee you provide in your COPA to contact this person directly by email. We strongly recommend that you submit your COPA as early as possible to allow enough time for your referee to prepare and send us the required documents. Your COPA won’t be considered valid if the documents aren’t submitted by the set deadline.
- In the case of applicants applying for the 15 October COPA deadline, the reference will be obtained from your UCAS application (we won’t email your UCAS referee separately).
- Contact details for your musical referee (if you’re making an Organ Scholarship application). Please note that you must provide your referee with a completed declaration coversheet and ensure that your referee submits your musical ability reference by the appropriate deadline.
- A valid debit or credit card. If you’re unable to pay by debit or credit card, please contact the Cambridge Admissions Office (telephone: +44 (0)1223 333308; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to discuss alternative payment methods.
You may find it helpful to think about your answers to the questions, such as the optional additional personal statement and how you’ve kept up your interest in the subject you’re applying for outside your schoolwork.
If you have all the above information we estimate that you could complete the COPA in around two hours. However, if you wish, you can save your work and log back in at a later date to complete the rest of your COPA.