The University and Colleges are committed to the principle that no suitably qualified UK/EU student should be deterred from applying to Cambridge by their financial circumstances, and that no publicly funded UK/EU student should have to leave because of financial difficulties.*
Therefore, we offer an extensive programme of financial support to ensure our students can meet the cost of their Cambridge education, regardless of background.*
Cambridge Bursary Scheme*
The Cambridge Bursary Scheme offers UK and EU students non-repayable Bursaries of up to £10,500 over three years or £14,000 over four years.
The value of each Bursary is dependent on household income, with a maximum award of £3,500.
- Students with a household income of £25,000 per year or less are eligible for the maximum Cambridge Bursary of £3,500 per year.
- Students with a household income of between £25,001 and £42,620 per year are eligible for a partial Cambridge Bursary.
- A higher Bursary of £5,600 per year is available to UK mature students or care leavers with family incomes of £25,000 per year or less who are also resident in Cambridge throughout the year.
- Every eligible student who applies will receive a Cambridge Bursary.
The Cambridge Bursary Scheme also provides European Bursaries to help EU students meet their living costs.
See the Cambridge Bursary Scheme website for more information about the Bursaries.
Faculty awards and grants
Some faculties and departments may offer funds, grants and/or prizes for students to in recognition of academic achievement. Where available, details of such awards can be found on the relevant faculty/department website.
* Applies to students studying for their first undergraduate degree.
Additional sources of funding may be available from your College, such as:
- book and equipment grants to help with specific study-related costs
- scholarships and prizes for academic or other achievements
- travel grants, for academic work and personal enrichment
- grants and loans to help deal with unforeseen financial difficulties
College awards and grants
Your College may offer additional sources of funding for specific costs or to help in particular circumstances. Information on these funds is available from College websites or by contacting the College directly.