skip to content

Undergraduate Study


Financial support for overseas undergraduate students is limited. Few full scholarships are available at undergraduate level; most support is a partial contribution to your overall costs and is means-tested.

Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust

The Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust offers awards (mostly part-cost) to overseas students, including affiliated students, who have been accepted for admission by a Cambridge College.

You cannot apply for funding through the Trust until you've been offered a place at one of the Colleges. At this point, the College will send you full details of the Trust awards and an application form. All awards are means-tested. To browse available awards by country, see the Trust website.

College awards

Some Colleges offer partial financial support for overseas students. Further information can be obtained from College admissions offices.

International Disabled Students' Fund

The International Disabled Students' Fund (IDS Fund) is administered by the Disability Resource Centre. Eligible offer holders and students of the University who are classified as an international student for fees purposes are able to apply to the Fund for support in meeting the costs of academic-related disability support. See the Disability Resource Centre website for details.

Blyth Cambridge Trust Scholarship for applicants from Canada

Applicants to the University from Canada may be eligible to apply for a Blyth Cambridge Trust Scholarship. The Scholarships, co-funded by the Cambridge Trust and Blyth Education of Toronto, enable outstanding Canadian students with financial need to study for an undergraduate degree at Cambridge. The Scholarships are tenable at any College and in any subject except Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.

The Scholarships cover the cost of your tuition fees and College fees together with maintenance and travel costs for each year of your course.

The Scholarships are competitive and are conditional on a College offer of a place to study at Cambridge, including meeting any immigration and English language requirements. Continuation of the Scholarship each year is dependent on satisfactory examination performance.

If you meet the conditions above and wish to be considered for a Blyth Cambridge Trust Scholarship, you should follow the Scholarship application process set out on the Blyth Education website and apply for a place at Cambridge in the usual way (applicants for a Blyth Cambridge Trust Scholarship are required to submit both an online UCAS application and a COPA even if they are within the EU at the time of application).

Prince Philip Scholarships for applicants from Hong Kong

If you're a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region applying for a first degree at Cambridge, you're eligible to apply for one of these Scholarships. The Scholarships offer cash awards and means-tested support for tuition fees and maintenance (living costs).

To apply for one of these Scholarships, you need to send your application for the Scholarship at the same time as you submit your application to Cambridge. For further information about the Scholarships and how to apply, see the Prince Philip Scholarship website.