skip to content

Undergraduate Study


As at most English universities, in 2016-17 the tuition fees at Cambridge for UK/EU students studying for an undergraduate degree at Cambridge will be £9,000 per year for all courses (may be subject to government-approved increases in future years).

We're committed to providing a world class education and access to the very best teachers, resources and support. Therefore, we actually invest, on average, almost twice this amount on each student every year.

Currently, UK/EU students studying for their first undergraduate degree can take out a government Tuition Fee Loan for their tuition fees. If you do this you can defer payment of the loan until after you’ve left university and are earning a minimum salary, at which point you’ll start to repay the loan in instalments.

Refer to the appropriate student finance award agency for details of tuition fee support.

Year abroad tuition fees

For UK/EU students undertaking a full year abroad in 2016-17, the tuition fee payable to the University of Cambridge during the year abroad is £1,350.

Tuition fees for international and Islands students

Tuition fees for overseas students (outside the EU) vary depending on the course you are studying. Students from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are classified as overseas students and are therefore also charged tuition fees at the overseas rate. See international fees and costs for details.

Related Documents

Undergraduate tuition fees 2016-17

Student finance