skip to content

Undergraduate Study

Please note: This site currently contains information for those who applied for 2016 entry. Information for 2017 entry will be available in March.


There are various sources of financial support available to help towards your costs at Cambridge.* These fall into two broad categories: government financial support and Cambridge financial support.

Some support is available to all UK/EU students, while eligibility for other funding may depend on your financial circumstances.* Arrangements can also vary depending on where you’re from (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or the EU), so please refer to the appropriate student finance award agency for full details.

You’re strongly advised to apply for financial support as early as possible. In the case of government support, you don’t need a confirmed place at a university to apply.

For information about costs and support for overseas and Islands students, see international financial support.

The University takes the view that our students should not work during term-time – it's important that you have an appropriate work-life balance, and we offer a wide range of financial support to ensure you don't have to. However, there may be a few opportunities available within the University and Colleges that are an exception to this, such as working in the College bar, College library or as a student helper during open days.

* Applies to students studying for their first undergraduate degree.