skip to content

Undergraduate Study


Some government financial support is currently available to all eligible Home fee status students*. Eligibility for other funding depends on your financial circumstances. Support arrangements can also vary according to where you're from in the UK.

However, higher education funding is being reviewed by the UK government and, for 2020 entry, you should refer to the appropriate finance award agency website for the most up-to-date information and guidance:

You’re strongly advised to apply for financial support as early as possible. Applications for government support will open early in 2020 and you don’t need a confirmed place at a university to apply for this.

* Non-UK EU nationals should regularly check for updates at: For information about costs and support for international/overseas students, including those from the Islands (Channel Islands/Isle of Man), see International fees and costs.

Additional support

Some students may also be eligible for additional government funding, depending on particular circumstances/needs. For example:

  • Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)
  • Childcare Grant
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance
  • Adult Dependants’ Grant

Please check the relevant student finance award agency website for details of what additional financial support is available and eligibility criteria.