skip to content

Undergraduate Study


All Colleges welcome applications from student parents and the University’s Childcare Office provides facilities and assistance, childcare, schooling, health care and local community resources, as well as details of University and government financial support which may be available to students with dependents.


Some Colleges can provide family accommodation - see individual College websites for details. However, where this isn't available please refer to the central Accommodation Service.

Each College has a designated Childcare Contact, who can provide information about childcare, their College’s family accommodation, and financial support available to student parents.


The University Nursery on the West Cambridge Site has a limited number of places available for students’ children aged three months to five years.

Gonville and Caius, and Queens’ Colleges have their own nurseries, and the Wolfson Court nursery serves Churchill, Girton, St John’s and Trinity Colleges. Please contact the individual Colleges to discuss these facilities. If you have school-aged children the University’s Childcare Information Service will be able to advise.

Financial support for student parents

Information on government financial support for student parents is available from the GOV.UK website. See also the Financial support page for general information about funding for all students.