skip to content

Undergraduate Study


Some Cambridge Colleges may consider applications from overseas students wishing to undertake a short course of undergraduate study in Cambridge, often known as a ‘Junior Year Abroad’.

These courses usually start in October and last for one year (normally the first or second year of the appropriate Cambridge course). Visiting students will be expected to take an examination at the end of the year.

For further information, please contact the one of the Colleges listed below. Colleges not on this list do not take visiting students. These schemes are administered by the Colleges, and eligibility criteria apply.

Colleges which may accept Junior Year Abroad applications (including for Studienstiftung and DAAD students from Germany):

Please note, this does not include exchange programs such as Erasmus+. Exchange programs are administered by your home institution and you should contact them for further information.

Follow us

Facebook Instagram twitter YouTube TikTok