- Choral Awards Open Day: April/May
- 15 September 2018: Vocal Assessment deadline
- 24-26 September 2018: Vocal Assessments
- 15 February 2019: Choral Trials application deadline
- mid-March 2019: Choral Trials
All applicants for Choral Awards are auditioned. At the auditions, you will be asked to sing a piece of your own choice, which should be something that demonstrates the suitability of your voice to the traditional choral repertoire. The piece can be sacred or secular but should not exceed four minutes in length. An accompanist will be provided.
You will also be asked to undertake some sight reading and ear tests. Sight reading will most likely include sixteenth-century polyphony (probably in Latin) and the ear tests will consist of exercises such as recognising intervals, singing the middle note of a given chord, singing back a short melody, and other similar exercises.
If you would like to prepare for these, you can try our sample tests.