- Choral Awards Open Day: April/May
- 15 September 2018: Vocal Assessment deadline
- 24-26 September 2018: Vocal Assessments
- 15 February 2019: Choral Trials application deadline
- mid-March 2019: Choral Trials
A Choral Award can only be held in conjunction with an academic place at the awarding College. You cannot obtain an Award at more than one College. The Awards are primarily geared towards, and held by, undergraduates, but some Colleges will accept applications from potential postgraduate students (details should be sought from Directors of Music in individual Colleges).
You may list as many or as few Colleges as you like on your application form. Only list Colleges for which you are eligible: Newnham is a women's College and so only women should list Newnham (although Newnham Choral Awards are held in Selwyn College's mixed choir). King's and St John's have both male-voice and mixed choirs.
Please note candidates cannot apply for admission to both Cambridge and Oxford.
Can students studying any course apply for a Choral Award?
Some Colleges will not consider Choral Award applications from students on particular courses, as detailed below.
- Christ's - Architecture restrictions
- King's - Architecture and Medicine restrictions
- St John's - Architecture and Veterinary Medicine restrictions
- Trinity - Medicine restrictions