skip to content

Undergraduate Study


Some Cambridge Colleges will consider applications from overseas students wishing to undertake a short course of undergraduate study in Cambridge (often known as a ‘Junior Year Abroad’). These courses usually start in October and last for one year; they normally consist of the first or second year of the appropriate Cambridge course. Visiting students will be expected to take an examination at the end of the year.

For further information, please contact the one of the Colleges listed below. Colleges not on this list do not take visiting students. These schemes are administered by the Colleges, and eligibility criteria apply: if you have any questions you should contact the relevant College admissions office.

Please note that this list does not include exchange programs (such as Erasmus+). Exchange programs will be administered by your home institution, and you should contact them if you believe they offer the opportunity to study for a short course at Cambridge.

Colleges which accept Junior Year Abroad applications (including for Studienstifung and DAAD students from Germany):